Taste of Thame is an event that will take place in Thame Town Centre, promoting the independent and diverse food and drink offering available within Thame and the local area.
The next event will take place on Saturday 27 May 2023.
The event will feature a trail map that encourages participants to move between venues in Thame Town Centre, experiencing new tastes, attending behind the scenes workshops and watching live demonstrations.
Alongside this there will be a street food market, the ‘Buttermarket Banquet’, competitions, a raffle raising funds for Thame Food Bank and the opportunity to sample menus that feature local produce for one day only – brought to you by many of our high-street food and drink businesses.
The event will always seek to uphold the following values in it’s delivery
- Community focused: always ensuring that it focuses on providing something that is primarily for the residents of Thame and the surrounding areas
- Local: celebrating the businesses and organisations that are part of our local community giving them the opportunity to share their passion for food and drink with a new audience. Taste of Thame will only showcase food and drink businesses based in Thame, or producers who are based within 5 miles of Thame. An exception to this will only be made if specific items are not already produced within that radius.
- Suitable for families: seeking to provide an experience that the whole family can enjoy
- Free to attend: the main event will always be free to attend, although some of the activities or opportunities within the event may incur a charge
- Working in Partnership: seeking to bring businesses and community organisations together
- Non-profit: any income generated by the event will be re-invested the next year
- Providing new experiences of food and drink
- Raising awareness of food and drink businesses and producers in Thame and its surrounds
- Supporting independent businesses